The Vegas Golden Knights can begin to plan for the 2021-’22 campaign following the NHL’s release of the season schedule Thursday night.
Their campaign for the Stanley Cup begins at home Tuesday, October 12th, against the NHL’s newest club, the Seattle Kraken. Vegas’ first road game sees them heading to California and taking on the L.A. Kings two days later (October 14th).
Vegas, in only their fifth season in the NHL, will play host for the NHL’s All-Star game on Feb. 4th and 5th. The All-Star Weekend will be followed by a pause in games from Feb. 7th-22nd if the NHL reaches an agreement with the NHL Players’ Association and the International Ice Hockey Federation for NHL players to participate in the 2022 Beijing Olympics.
Some of the standouts from the Golden Knights schedule are:
- The Stanley Cup Semifinal rematch with the Montreal Canadiens, which will take place on November 6th at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec. The two teams will also meet in Vegas on January 20th.
- The Golden Knights will host the defending Stanley Cup champion, Tampa Bay Lightning, on December 21st.
- In their first season of playing in the Pacific division, the Golden Knights will play the Anaheim Ducks, Edmonton Oilers, Los Angeles Kings, Seattle Kraken and Vancouver Canucks a total of four times(two games at home/two on the road).
- They will play will play three games against the Calgary Flames (one home, two away) and San Jose Sharks (two home, one road).
- Vegas’ last game of the season will take place in St. Louis against Blues, on April 29th.
Share This Article
Support independent news coverage by sharing on your platforms